Sunday 31 October 2010

My Stuff

So what’s in My Stuff?

So far I have two goodies that I declare as OGL material. A B/X style DM screen and B/X style character sheets.

If I am going to DM KotB, after a long absence from DM duties, to a bunch of oldie-won kenoobies (AKA my friends) I figured I needed these two things as a start.

Dragon Master SCREEN
The B/X DM screen is inspired / drawn from a few key sources but in the end is my own interpretation of the rules and house ruled.

Rules: Moldvay Basic, Cook Expert and B/X Blackrazor’s Companion.

Design: Classic DM screens from my collection (I actually never owned one when I played), Classic D&D website, and Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game (Game Master’s screen by Scott Abraham and the Game Charts and Tables by Simone Felli)

I have provided my DM screen as a pdf with images I have bought from istockphoto (see Image License) and as a docx file with no images (avoiding copyright issues and allowing others to modify the screen as they wish).

CHARACTER SHEETS
The underlying philosophy was to include most of the rules for players in session (ie not character creation or level advancement) on 1 sheet of A4. That’s why it gives find secret doors, weapon damage on the character sheet. I want noobies to be able to see all the rule based actions they can attempt.  Naturally they can make many other suggestions in B/X play not covered by the rules, which will fall on me to adjudicate. It is a testimony to the rules light nature of B/X that this can even be attempted.

I don’t think I have created anything pretty here but hopefully I have achieved something serviceable. Additionally each character sheet is in docx format to allow easy modification by others.





My plan in the blog is to go through in detail both the DM screen and the character sheets over the next few weeks, as well as hopefully provide some other goodies as I plan my KotB DM attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment